Pre Treatment Instructions
1. If you have a history of cold sores, please contact your doctor for anti-viral medication, starting 2 days prior to your treatment, if you would like your lips treated the day of appointment.
2. Discontinue retinol (2% or higher) or tretinoin at least 3 days prior to treatment.
3. For your first treatment, (and treatments at .25mm in general) numbing cream is typically not necessary, and you can expect mild redness and swelling, and a tight, warm sensation between 4- 24 hours.
4. Later treatments with longer needle lengths may require topical numbing cream, and can produce redness and swelling along with tiny flecks of redness between 4-72 hours.
5. If you are being treated for hair loss, please arrive at the office with the shortest haircut possible and clean hair. Please do not apply sprays or gels.
6. If possible, please arrive at the office without makeup on, and with a clean, (and for men a clean shaven) face.
7. If you’ve had Botox, Fillers or Threads injected you must wait at least two weeks before getting microchanneling. And you must be satisfied with the results before we can offer you any other treatments.
Post Care Treatment
1. If any Microchannel Delivery Solution roll-on remains, apply continually until gone. This is for
skin and scalp treatments.
2. No other products should be applied until the following day.
3. Scalp treatment nothing on the scalp for 90 min. e.g., Hats or Wigs
4. When the numbing wears off your skin may feel like a mild sunburn. You may apply cool
compresses as desired. Scalp treatments no numbing is used.
5. Needle lengths of 0.25mm, 0.5mm will result in mild redness and swelling for up to 24 hours.
6. Needle lengths of 1mm, to 1.5mm will result in redness and swelling for up to 72 hours.
7. Beginning the following morning; apply the Livra Cellular Renewal Serum and Healing Accelerator
to enhance results. This is available for purchase the day of your treatment. (Cleanse and apply 1-3
pumps). Apply daily, morning and evening.
8. Scalp treatments use Nioxin System and Supplement this is available to purchase the day of your
9. Peeling and skin sloughing may occur for several days after treatment.
10. Scalp treatment air dry your hair DO NOT dry hair aggressively with a towel after washing.
11. Scalp treatment no chemical services on scalp area 48 hrs. prior to and after procedure.
12. Trans Epidermal Water Loss is a common temporary side effect and could leave you feeling
dry. Keep the recommended moisturizer with you during the day and apply as frequently as
necessary to avoid a dry sensation.
13. Return for a follow up treatment 4 weeks for skin, 2 weeks for scalp or as recommended.
If prolonged irritation occurs, please call.